[SAC] FDO Documentation

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon May 25 14:07:51 PDT 2015

Hello Paul,

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:15 AM, Paul Fels <paul at giskit.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> The links at http://fdo.osgeo.org/documentation.html lead to errorpages (e.g. http://fdo.osgeo.org/files/fdo/docs/FDO_API_managed/index.htm) saying: You don't have permission to access  /files/fdo/docs/FET_TheEssentialFDO/index.html on this server. The response to my message using http://www.osgeo.org/contact was that I should send a message to this list, but I haven’t receive any response since posting the message on 20-02-2015. Please, could anyone let me know who to contact to solve this problem?

I have taken liberty to check this problem on the server.

web:/var/www/html/files#
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root          19 Mar 21  2014 fdo -> /var/www/webdav/fdo
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root      root          24 Mar 21  2014 mapguide ->
/var/www/webdav/mapguide

Both links point to a non-existing directory, that's why.
I see that there was earlier discussion on this:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2015-January/005393.html

I guess that the FDO project members need to help. The files in
question I cannot find on the server.

I found also this old message:
https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2008-December/001615.html

There is in /osgeo/download/webdav/ only a subdir geotools/, though.

Maybe other SAC or especially FDO members know more?

Markus