[SAC] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] New Semantic Mediawiki based OSGeo Member Map for the OSGeo Wiki

Christian Willmes mail at cwillmes.de
Mon Nov 23 00:34:14 PST 2015

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the feedback.

Am 23.11.2015 um 08:53 schrieb Jeff McKenna:
> I am in the same boat as Alex.  Actually when I check those already
> listed in the "OSGeo Members" category, most users listed there are
> not actually displayed on the map currently (we are all in the same
> boat, so to speak).

I am still figuring it out, but I see you have the old markup on your
page. Try replacing the #umSetParam and the #umUserMap

with this markup:

{{OSGeo Member
|Name=Jeff McKenna
|Country=Canada
|City=Lunenburg
|LocalChapter=Atlantic Canada Chapter
|Coordinate=44.35961, -64.25770
\}}

> Example:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=User:Jmckenna&redirect=no which
> redirects to http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna
>
> Also, the template examples in the documentation
> (https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Member_Map_documentation) give
> incorrect syntax:

Shoot! I fixed it in the documentation! Without the space in 'OSGeo
Member' was the name on my testing wiki, on the OSGeo wiki the Category
has actually a space, I saw this just before I uploaded the schema, and
forgot about the documentation.#

Thanks, let me know if that new markup does not work.

Christian