[SAC] Fwd: Request to transfer domain deegree.org to OSGeo

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Oct 19 08:16:16 PDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 07:51:56AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Yes, we can help with this. Please file a ticket. I suspect it will be
> easier to coordinate with someone also in the EU on the transfer timing.

Of course I can help with this, I was just waiting for those who were
familiar with domain transfers to pairNIC to speak up.

> I suspect at minimum we need to know what IP to point the url to,

No, the IP's are secondary, the formal procedure is what needs to be
finished before.  The last time I did this (many years ago) the domain
owner had to request a transfer (authentication) code from his
registrar to be submitted to the new registrar for the transfer, but I
was told the process is more automated these days.

Cheers,