[SAC] [Qgis-psc] signing certificates

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Sat Oct 31 01:04:05 PDT 2015

On 29-10-15 23:02, Jody Garnett wrote:
> Good afternoon:
>
> The board has passed the following motion "Authorize up to $500
> USD/annual for the SAC to obtain signing certificates for use by OSGeo
> projects (as per request of the QGIS PSC)."
>
> Larry Shaffer as agreed to join the SAC committee to facilitate this
> activity, and should be able to answer any questions on what is needed.
> While there has been some discussion on the board mailing list on the
> technical aspects of this activity, please take a moment to go over the
> same ground with Larry.
>
> While QGIS is the initial focus, other projects should also be in
> position to take advantage of this capability. I trust we can use this
> initial experience with QGIS to learn how to manage a certificate and
> provide controlled access.

Thanks Jody and Larry for taking care of this at OSGeo and SAC!

Looking forward to see the first signed QGIS installer, and I hope this
makes it easier for other GeoFOSS libs and installer too.

By the way, somebody aware of this 'brew cask' stuff?
It is suggested here: https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Website/issues/281

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde