[SAC] using 3rd party infrastructure for mails and private disk space

Jachym Cepicky jachym.cepicky at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 03:13:10 PDT 2015

Hi,

on our last board meeting [1] OSGeo Board of directors agreed on starting
to use external resource for some of the tasks we need, like private e-mail
boxes and shared on-line disk space (with possibility to adjust limited
access to some sensitive content)

Would would like to move away some tasks from SAC, so that SAC can focus on
more important and timely demanding tasks within OSGeo infrastructure.

We generally agreed on using Google for business, but if you, as SAC
members have positive experience with any other provider, we are generally
positive to give it a try. Some board members have already made positive
experience with Google, therefore we proposed to give it a try.

I have started to create our OSGeo account by Google, but I totally need
your assistance with helping us to setup e.g. private mails, so they can
work within osgeo.org domain etc.

I've filled the ticket [2] to trac, and looking forward to your feedback.
Please, let me know what I should do within Google infrastructure, so that
everything runs possibly smoothly.

Jachym

[1]
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2015-09-19#Motions_.28confirmed_by_email.29