[SAC] [OSGeo] #1654: Provide scripts to automate mirroring of SVN repositories to GIT repositories

OSGeo trac_osgeo at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 13 02:55:21 PDT 2016

#1654: Provide scripts to automate mirroring of SVN repositories to GIT
repositories
---------------------------+-------------------
 Reporter:  strk           |      Owner:  sac@…
     Type:  task           |     Status:  new
Component:  Systems Admin  |   Keywords:
---------------------------+-------------------
 It would be helpful to provide scripts to automate the mirroring of
 SVN repositories to GIT repositories.

 I've done this for PostGIS and put scripts in a private repo here:
 https://git.osgeo.org/_gogs_/postgis/repository-sync-scripts (ask me
 for permissions of you want to see them). The problem with those
 scripts is that they rely on the availability of an SVN username to
 "Real Name <email>" for use in the GIT Author field.

 By providing OSGeo scripts we could make use of an LDAP lookup for
 that, which would simplify things a lot for those who want to move to
 GIT.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1654>
OSGeo <http://www.osgeo.org/>