[SAC] instruction to STOP a mailing list

Jorge Sanz jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 8 02:13:48 PDT 2016

Hi Sandro, Richard

Back from holidays sorry for the delay :-)

Richard, what you want to do with the list? You want to set it up to not
receive more mails and maybe set up some descriptive response when
rejecting mails to redirect users to any other mailing list? or simply
remove the list from the server along with all the archives etc?

We usually deal with this tasks using our Trac https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/

On 5 August 2016 at 14:34, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 01, 2016 at 08:39:24PM +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> > Hi SAC,
> >
> > We decided to stop with the QGIS-UX mailing list:
> >   https://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/admin/qgis-ux
> >
> > It was mostly used by new comers to ask user questions, and the UX
> > people interested actually discusses UX related stuff in the dev list.
> >
> > So Question: how do I stop the list? I cannot find an option of that in
> > the adminstration pages...
>
> I found some info on the wiki page for _removing_ a list:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Mailing_Lists#System_Tasks
>
> Is that what you want to do ?
>
> The page mentions Frank and Alan are the master mailman
> administrators, so I'm adding them in Cc.
>
> --strk;

Jorge Sanz
http://www.osgeo.org
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jorge_Sanz