[SAC] Introduction

Vincent Picavet (ml) vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Tue Aug 9 09:57:02 PDT 2016

Hello,

On 09/08/2016 17:58, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Vincent Picavet donated a VM for some time on which a GitLab instance
> was installed but I was blocked by being unable to configure a reverse
> proxy to make it appear as published in a subdir
> (git.osgeo.org/gitlab). Vincent confirmed on IRC (vpicavet, on #osgeo
> @ freenode) that he could renew the host for another 3 months if
> needed. You'll still need to provide instructions to setup an Apache
> reverse proxy to pair with the Gogs instance, and you'll need to
> configure the service to use the OSGeo LDAPs. Then, ideally, there
> should be some branding.

I can provide a (small but enough for testing) VM for a few month. The
existing one expired during my holidays, we would have to set it up again.
The Gitlab install through the omnibus package on Debian is fairly easy
(3 LOC), but may need additional configuration for advanced features.

Tell me if you need the VM and I reorder it and send you the access.

> This is what I initially did for Gogs, saving all the configuration
> in a git repository that was later used to configure an instance
> on one of the OSGeo machines. For Gogs it was easy to deploy as
> Gogs is a simple executable with some templates, and no other
> depdencies. For GitLab, the docker solution would be currently
> unavailable with the existing VMs so it'd still take obtaining a
> new VM to take that approach. Alternative approaches may be evaluated.

Indeed, no docker gitlab on this kind of VM. Installation through
Omnibus is easy too.

> Looking forward for a plan :)

Tell me for the VM, I have unfortunately little time to spend for
installation / configuration.

Best regards,

Vincent