[SAC] [CALL FOR INTEREST] in performing sysadmin work

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Dec 16 04:07:06 PST 2016

In a May 2016 meeting, the system admin commettee agreed upon
paying for sysadmin work [1]

While no official guideline was written to access such funds,
a precedent was estabilished with me asking and obtaining a
first slot of funds [2] by the end of the same month to respond
to urgent needs.

My work ended at the end of August [3] where I once again expressed
my welcoming a rotation in the role.

In September I made a call for meeting [4], to find a way forward.
Unfortunately nobody answered that call.

Let's try the mailing list way then, at least to address the granting
of left-over ~5K USD in the budget [5] (Mike, Alex: do you confirm
those numbers?).

So to the point: who wants to do up to 50 hours of sysadmin work for
100 EUR/hr starting ASAP ?

If nobody takes the call, I'll be available once again.

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:May2016#Funding_sysadmin_work
[2] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2016-May/007032.html
[3] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2016-August/007378.html
[4] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2016-September/007419.html