[SAC] budget 2017

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Dec 16 08:20:46 PST 2016

On 12/16/2016 05:02 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 01:47:34PM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
>>>  - Setup more VMs for testing new services
>>
>> +1
>>
>> In addition: We should check why the trac machine is so slow lately.
>> Probably some services on that machine need to me migrated to a
>> different one?
>
> That's exactly why I'm talking about "setup more VMs", the new services
> on tracsvn machine are probably just git & gogs. Next step for that
> would be moving the couple to a different machine (possibly to do
> that once gogs gets upgraded to gitea [1])
>
> [1] https://blog.gitea.io/2016/12/welcome-to-gitea/
>
> --strk;

1. Finish retiring OSGeo4: which means moving or replacing QGIS and
Adhoc Vms.

2. Buy a replacement for OSGeo3: which allows for setting up more "VMs"
or other containers. We spent ~$6000 on OSGeo6

2a. Trac should be moved to wsgi based hosting to improve performance.
Other servers where apache gets overloaded should be looked at and
considered for migration to NGINX when possible (if we have someone who
can performance tweak it)

I agree a budget between $10-15,000 to allow for more service contracts.

Do people have time for a meeting before the holidays?