[SAC] [Hosting] Network outage 12/17/2016 08:26AM PST - 12/17/2016 11:14AM PST

Lance Albertson ramereth at osuosl.org
Sat Dec 17 13:53:23 PST 2016

Just got another update from the data center manager.

The power should be stable and we don't expect another outage to happen
today or the rest of the weekend. When the power went out, everything
worked as expected but for some reason the generator was out of phase and
the UPS went to battery and then ran out of power. They still aren't sure
why that happened but they are confident is it stable for now.

They are planning on fixing the wiring they changed today tomorrow morning
between 10am-11am PST. They are planning on doing it without an outage, but
there is a risk they could lose power again. The UPS will be on battery
while they make the change and have about six minutes to make the change.
They did it with three minutes today without an issue.

I am still working on the full incident report and will send it later today
or sometime tomorrow.