[SAC] Fwd: Legit users vs. spam users

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Jan 13 04:04:58 PST 2016

On Jan 13, 2016 12:40 PM, "Christian Willmes" <mail at cwillmes.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did not find a better solution for this spam problem. The captcha
solution, that Markus installed and tryed, is what is recommended by the MW
community [0].
> Should we re-enable user creation on the wiki?

Yes, it is highly needed. Also for the code sprint in Paris, people want to
enroll.

> Then we would need to deal with the spam somehow, for example by running
the RemoveUnusedAccounts.php [1] via cron (once a day or so)?

Yes. Perhaps with a modification of the  subscription email that the link
expires in 24hs.

Best
Markus