[SAC] /var/www/qgisdata full on qgis

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Wed Jul 13 01:35:39 PDT 2016

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 12. Jul 2016 at 10:23:03 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
> qgisdata is one of the download disks. We serve documentation, repo's and
> installers from that one.

> is it possible to resize the disk?
> currently people miss downloads of 2.16 :-(

Because the redirects were not updated.  The (current) standalones are on
download.o.o (as is osgeo4w).  The debian packages are served by qgis.org - but
those are in place (actually there were a lot of old packages as packages with
the version name in them don't get overwritten by new versions).  There's now
~6GB free space:

/dev/vdb1            104805972  98619732   6186240  95% /var/www/qgisdata

The situation on download.o.o is similar:

/dev/vda3             149G  134G  7.2G  95% /

Why do we have to be so restrictive about disk space?  On qgis2 (our 49€/month
machine at Hetzner with 2x2TB mirrored disks including 30TB of traffic) there
is still 1.24 TB of unallocated space.  It feels like I've spend "years" of hetzner
server rent on making space or cleaning up and recovering from events caused
by running out of diskspace on osgeo machines (and maybe also caused that for
others on download.o.o).

Sure free space automatically fills up with cruft, but still 150GB nowadays
isn't that much...

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de
QGIS release manager (PSC)  Germany                    IRC: jef on FreeNode