[SAC] /var/www/qgisdata full on qgis

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jul 13 07:23:08 PDT 2016

On 07/13/2016 01:35 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Tue, 12. Jul 2016 at 10:23:03 +0200, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:
>> qgisdata is one of the download disks. We serve documentation, repo's and
>> installers from that one.
>
>> is it possible to resize the disk?
>> currently people miss downloads of 2.16 :-(
>
> Because the redirects were not updated.  The (current) standalones are on
> download.o.o (as is osgeo4w).  The debian packages are served by qgis.org - but
> those are in place (actually there were a lot of old packages as packages with
> the version name in them don't get overwritten by new versions).  There's now
> ~6GB free space:
>
> Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
> /dev/vdb1            104805972  98619732   6186240  95% /var/www/qgisdata
>
> The situation on download.o.o is similar:

> /dev/vda3             149G  134G  7.2G  95% /
>
> Why do we have to be so restrictive about disk space?  On qgis2 (our 49€/month
> machine at Hetzner with 2x2TB mirrored disks including 30TB of traffic) there
> is still 1.24 TB of unallocated space.  It feels like I've spend "years" of hetzner
> server rent on making space or cleaning up and recovering from events caused
> by running out of diskspace on osgeo machines (and maybe also caused that for
> others on download.o.o).
>
> Sure free space automatically fills up with cruft, but still 150GB nowadays
> isn't that much...
>

> Jürgen

We don't have to be so restrictive, osgeo4 has space but is a little bit
of work to grow.

We have much more space on osgeo6, and room to grow there, it's also SSD
drives, so faster. I think we bought 3x480GB in RAID5 if I recall, and 3
empty slots. Maybe we should fill those other slots this year. That's
why I would like to move the qgis downloads/docs there.

Even osgeo3 with download we'd been looking to grow, the project was
never finalized (osuosl was going to give us access to their big
http/ftp system). If someone has time to finish working that out, I'm
happy to pass that job to them.