[SAC] OSGeo FOSS4G Vimeo Account costs and upgrade to PRO Unlimited or other negotiations

Astrid Emde (FOSSGIS e.V.) astrid.emde at fossgis.de
Mon May 2 22:09:10 PDT 2016

Hello SAC team,

OSGeo has a vimeo account to upload the videos from the conferences. It
is the same Vimeo account that Portland used. We want to use it for
upcoming FOSS4G in August 2016.

At the moment we have vimeo pro with 20GB/week

This is not enough for FOSS4G - we need 40-100 GB for the 3 day.

We could change to PRO Unlimited which offers 3TB toal. This costs 359
€/ year .

Normal vimeo pro costs 159 €/ year.

Can we switch to PRO Unlimited? Can someone go into negotiations with
vimeo?

Else our video team has to upload 20GB per week which is a bit of a
trouble....and keeps people waiting.

I wrote with Alex Mandel about this topic before. He wrote:
(Begin)
There was a discussion on the SAC list a few months back when that
account's pro features were expiring to try and find a less expensive
long term repository. I suppose we could also try to make a special
arrangement with Vimeo, since this is a public archive of a non-profit.

We should probably bring this back up on the SAC email list and figure
out the solution.

Some related threads
http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Looking-for-the-keeper-of-the-videos-from-FOSS4GNA-PDX-2014-td5224887.html

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/OSGeo-videos-Youtube-VIMEO-and-reserach-libraries-td5224966.html
(End)

Could you please discuss this soon, as it is not so much time left till
FOSS4G.

Thanks a lot Astrid