[SAC] OSGeo FOSS4G Vimeo Account costs and upgrade to PRO Unlimited or other negotiations

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue May 3 00:00:49 PDT 2016

On Tue, May 03, 2016 at 07:09:10AM +0200, Astrid Emde (FOSSGIS e.V.) wrote:

> We could change to PRO Unlimited which offers 3TB toal. This costs
> 359 €/ year .
>
> Normal vimeo pro costs 159 €/ year.
>
> Can we switch to PRO Unlimited? Can someone go into negotiations
> with vimeo?
>
> Else our video team has to upload 20GB per week which is a bit of a
> trouble....and keeps people waiting.

It might be worth considering the installation of a MediaGloblin [1]
service on a dedicated host, so to also allow for full branding [2],
federation (local commettees could run their own node), logins using
the OSGeo Userid [3] and to ensure videos will be easier to see and
share with free software.

[1] http://www.mediagoblin.org/
[2] http://www.mediagoblin.org/images/tour/jpope_gallery2_cropped.png
[3] http://mediagoblin.readthedocs.io/en/latest/plugindocs/ldap.html