[SAC] OSGeo FOSS4G Vimeo Account costs and upgrade to PRO Unlimited or other negotiations

Christian Willmes mail at cwillmes.de
Tue May 3 01:57:56 PDT 2016

Hi,

just my two cents, and sorry in advance for that proposal.

But I think 359 €/year for a service that you can get for free with even
better conditions in terms of upload size and usability, is a bit to much.

I would go with youtube upload and publishing for easy sharing via
social media and embedding into a website, and maybe a simple
straight-forward web space hosting for the video files (apache directory
index for http download of the video files).

Or even better for the archive side of the videos, Peter Löwe @ TIB is
offering (and already conducting) to archive videos of FOSS4G
conferences, so we do not even need to host the videos on our own
infrastructure (lots of space needed).

Please ignore this mail, if I may hurt feelings by proposing youtube. ;)

regards,
Christian