[SAC] budget for maintainance

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed May 11 03:12:18 PDT 2016

I've spent many days on sysadmin tasks now.

I'm happy with what I've learnt but won't be able to keep up
with it for much longer as I'll really have to be looking for
some payed project soon.

As budgetting and funded tasks are already on the meeting agenda [1]
I wanted to call for a push in that direction, to eventually get things
moving behind the (random) time availability of volunteers.

Improving the LDAP registration, for example, would seem to be a good
start for a one-shot task, but it would also be good, IMHO, to have a
budget for day-to-day maintainance.

Can we set a date to get things moved ?
And, could we have by that date the break-down of past expenses
to have them handy during the meeting ?

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:May2016