[SAC] LDAP users still being created during maintainance

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed May 11 09:52:54 PDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 09:49:30AM -0700, Alex M wrote:
> That's also a huge barrier to new users. Email confirmation is higher
> priority to me. We could modify the Maintenance page, to say that during
> maintenance new users need to contact an admin to have an account
> created. But yes without the email confirmation/ability of users to
> set/reset their own passwords, we make temp passwords and send via email
> (currently how resets work).

Couldn't we just use the reset code for registration ?
Rather than asking for a password, invoke the resetter,
so this would also automatically serve as a kind of
email confirmation (no email control, no known password).

And we then need to delete accounts that are not used within
a given amount of time, as per https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1675

PS: osgeo trac is being spammed now, could anyone setup the proper
    configuration and BadContent page ? I'm gone for today.