[SAC] mod_evasive on tracsvn

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Thu May 12 04:16:08 PDT 2016

I've installed mod_evasive on tracsvn machine.

The configuration can be seen here (you need to login and be granted
access to the repository):

  https://git.osgeo.org/gogs/sac/tracsvn-apache-config/src/master/mods-available/mod-evasive.conf

There's only a global configuration for now, blacklisting IPs that
hit each site with more than 50 requests per second or the same
page with more than 3 requests per second.

For SVN this may be too restrictive as I've seen many SVN requests
sent for example from the adhoc machine on every hour (does anyone
know if what is triggering that flood of requests? Is an SVN update
enough to do that ? It's mostly PROPFIND requests)

Another flood arrives from postgis.net, for example, and it's
likely due to the same problem:

So, let's see how things go, and we could then tweak the config
within VirtualHost sections to adapt to the service.
Logs are sent to daemon channel, so /var/log/daemon.log