[SAC] OSGeo FOSS4G Vimeo Account costs and upgrade to PRO Unlimited or other negotiations

Christian Willmes mail at cwillmes.de
Fri May 13 02:40:53 PDT 2016

Astrid,

sorry for the late reply, I just was able to catch up with the SAC list
mails now.
There was/is a severe spam attack on OSGeo infrastrucuture going on, and
a lot of traffic was caused on this list, so thats maybe why nobody
responded (at least not via the list).

But to your question. I am afraid, I can't give you a definite an answer.

What you ask would cost some money, i.e. installing some additional hard
disks into an OSGeo server or renting some webspace for this solution
(maybe a cloud storage service like Dropbox opr Amazon, or whatever?).

But to estimate the cost, we would first need an estimate of how much
space (in GB or even TB) is needed for all the videos.

Then we would have to see, if that cost is lower, than the Vimeo offer.
(I did not hear anything about the youtube idea, so I guess this is
unpopular here).

For just storing the videos and providing access to TIB later, a 10 TB
NAS for ~ 600 € should be sufficient, and could be bought from the
FOSS4G LOC for that purpose I think?

Cheers,
Christian