[SAC] more spammer accounts

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sun May 15 03:08:54 PDT 2016

On Sun, May 15, 2016 at 11:05:33AM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> http://stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/45.65.14.10
>
> I wonder if we could scan our LDAP DB again their records to identify
> more removal candidates.

Sure we can !

for mail in `fetch-that-list`; do
  ldapsearch -x "mail=$mail" | grep ^uid | sed 's/uid: //'
done

For just that specific email we have 22 accounts.
Whether or not to _allow_ registering multiple accounts with the
same email would be another question.

Also, I guess we could query that database, if we trust it,
to _prevent_ user registration. The user creation script
currently hard-codes some domains. This list would be more
specific. What to write a script that given an email returns
whether it is a knwon-spammer email or not ?

Please don't rush into removing those 22 accounts before checking
if they sent any content. I'm concerned about removing legit users
(I usually put the names in tracsvn:/osgeo/tools/trac/emergency_clean.sql
and run that script against all trac instances to get a feeling about
what they wrote in there, and also to keep a list of spammer users).