[SAC] [OSGeo] #1693: Slow DNS lookups on tracsvn

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri May 27 03:36:28 PDT 2016

Ok, after getting errors twice while responding to the ticket, I chose
to respond here:

> #1693: Slow DNS lookups on tracsvn
> ---------------------------+--------------------------
>  Reporter:  strk           |      Owner:  sac@???
>      Type:  task           |     Status:  new
> Component:  Systems Admin  |   Keywords:  tracsvn, dns
> ---------------------------+--------------------------
[...]
>  This tells me there's an issue with the DNS resolution.
>  I don't know which other services do use DNS lookups, but if any
>  production service does it too (beside Gogs which is only experimental)
>  we'd better install a local caching server, like dnsmasq (or, as I've been
>  suggested, "unbound").

Hi Sandro, did you already switch Gogs over to using libc-based name resolution, as suggested ?

BTW, Trac error upon submission is:

 Trac detected an internal error:

IndexError: list index out of range

Cheers,