[SAC] follow up with SAC on website maintenance

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Oct 7 17:33:18 PDT 2016

On 10/07/2016 05:22 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> One idea I had was to reach out to the marketing committee for website LnF
> and content, and the system admin committee to run/update/manage the
> software. I kind of feel like SAC is already taken on the run/manage role,
> not sure how much work an update would be.

There are several threads regarding this many years back. It was not a
simple Drupal upgrade, do to previous customizations. The service
provider directory needs to be rewritten (I think this should be
standalone anyways), and the translations need to be migrated to a newer
data structure.

Then there's the eternal struggle with theming...

SAC's historic role has been to ensure the software runs, not to handle
any of the content, theming, or functionality.