[SAC] Mattermost/GitLab (was: replacing IRC with gitter)

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Sep 2 02:33:43 PDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 02, 2016 at 10:33:06AM +0200, Björn Harrtell wrote:

> I've completed the setup and Mattermost seem to be ready for evaluation.
> The URL to go to is https://mattermost.osgeo.kbt.io and login via GitLab
> using OSGeo LDAP credentials should work.

Two points from first impression:

 1) SSL certificate needs to be a trusted one

 2) The "GitLab" logo on the bottom makes no sense, it isn't
    clear that it is a login form, and much less that it is
    actually an "OSGeo Userid" login form.

> When time permits I will try the IRC bridge for at least postgis. If it
> works out well, I can add more channels if desired.

Is the "Mattermost" administrator the only one who can setup bridges ?
We need a system that allows channel operators to setup such bridges
(I'd think).