[SAC] OSGeo LDAP stats

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Mon Apr 10 13:23:25 PDT 2017

As I checked to determine how expensive it'd be to automatically create
a Gogs account for each OSGeo user [1] I'll report some stats from the
LDAP database:

 - Currently registered users: 20715
 - Unique registered emails:   19935 (780 duplicated email)

 - Users registered in 2014:    2595
 - Users registered in 2015:    6670
 - Users registered in 2016:    2121
 - Users registered in 2017:     172 (up to April 10)

 - Different mail domain used:         5201
 - Mail domains used by a single user: 4374

 - Different .gov mail domains:   48
 - Users with .gov mail address: 114

 - Different .edu mail domains:  194
 - Users with .edu mail address: 287

 - Users with username only composed by numbers: 254
 - Top 20 most used mail domains (spammers most likely still hiding here):

    users domain
    ----------------------
     7195 gmail.com
      949 yahoo.com