[SAC] [Urgent] Proposal for new OSGeo site hosting

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Aug 30 14:08:19 PDT 2017

It still needs SAC to agree on where it would live exactly, and give me
permissions there.   (it could be this weekend project, for example -
diving into this this weekend)  for kickoff next week?  But again, maybe
this is serious enough to treat as a contract, with a task list and
effort/cost outlined on a wiki page, was my thinking (then we don't
abuse our volunteers).

I was also thinking of creating a team for this, and listing on the
proposal wiki.  For example, the site maintenance team could be a team
such as the 2 jeffs, Nicolas Bozon (master interface dev), and Vicky
Vergara (I love her passion and commitment to OSGeo).   note - I haven't
even asked them yet!  But I will.  And will include on the wiki.

-jeff