[SAC] Reboot in Adhoc VM

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Sun Feb 26 11:11:18 PST 2017

On 2017-02-26 1:11 PM, Martin Spott wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Jeff McKenna wrote:
>
>> Thanks for letting us know here; I'll check the various services running
>> on it now (it's quite a hardworking machine that so many OSGeo projects
>> depend on).  Thanks for doing the upgrade.
>
> I remember we had a machine having multiple disjunct PostgreSQL
> instances, but when I checked on Adhoc *befure* calling reboot, there
> was only a single one.
>
> Anyhow, I'd be happy to lend a hand in turning these *handworking*
> services reboot-safe.  Please let me know which ones you need to start
> manually - or, if this is the most current place, put it onto the Wiki:
>
>   https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AdhocVM

Hi Martin,

Yes the Adhoc machine has many PostgreSQL instances and Apache instances
to restart.

I document all of the services for MapServer at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MapServer_at_AdhocVM (and linked from the
page you referenced).

Each time someone reboots the Adhoc machine I have to manually restart
all these services (usually my uptime bots notify me now when the server
is rebooted and cannot be found, but I'd prefer a SAC email like you did
ha, much nicer ha).

I'm ok with continuing to manually restart these (I bet I've been doing
this on Adhoc for over 10 years now?)

-jeff