[SAC] [OSGeo] #1633: Update OSGeo SSL certificate - if needed

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 31 01:36:38 PST 2017

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 9:07 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 12:26:52AM +0100, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Jan 30, 2017 6:11 PM, "Sandro Santilli" <strk at kbt.io> wrote:
>
>> > Do you know of other OSGeo projects having Travis fetch code from SVN ?
>> > Travis for PostGIS and GEOS fetch code from github mirror itself...
>>
>> Maybe GRASS GIS should set up a github as well? How to do that?
>
> I don't want to be championing that, only it sounded weird to me that
> Travis could be used outside of GitHub. I didn't know you could do that.

Indeed we have it (just forgot :p since it is not really used except
for the Linux tests on Travis)
https://github.com/GRASS-GIS/grass-ci

So, in the end, the Mac tests seem to be suboptimally configured at
our end. Will follow-up in grass-dev.

> If you ask me, I'd have you try the experimental OSGeo GitLab
> (https://git.osgeo.org/gitlab) or the more used experimental OSGeo
> Gogs (https://git.osgeo.org/gogs). Both do come with support for
> continuous integration, but I guess as you found out how to setup
> Travis to fetch code from SVN you could as well set it up to fetch
> code from any GIT repository too.

Yes, if the server hardware can handle more requests...

> How to mirror SVN to GIT ? Best discussed here:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/1654

Thanks!

Markus