[SAC] problem with wiki requiring cookies even if they are already allowed

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Jul 25 02:04:28 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 04:02:00PM +0200, Margherita Di Leo wrote:

> one of our gsoc students is experience the following problem with the wiki.
> Actually, I experienced the same problem trying to create a new wiki page.
> I was already logged in, but when I tried to save, it said that a loss of
> data had occurred and i should log out and log in again. I logged out but
> when i tried to log in i had the same message error about cookies.

I just tried logging in and I get this message:

  Login error
  OSGeo Wiki uses cookies to log in users. You have cookies disabled.
  Please enable them and try again.

The error is clearly misleading, I do have cookies enabled.
Did anyone modify anything recently on the wiki server ?

Margherita: it would be a good idea to ticket this on
https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo
use the *wiki* component please