[SAC] [OSGeo] #1940: osgeo4 raid needs a replacement

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 12 22:05:16 PDT 2017

On 06/12/2017 03:17 PM, OSGeo wrote:
> #1940: osgeo4 raid needs a replacement
> ---------------------------+-------------------
>  Reporter:  strk           |      Owner:  sac@…
>      Type:  task           |     Status:  new
> Component:  Systems Admin  |   Keywords:
>  As reported by Justin L Dugger (IRC nickname pwnguin) from OSUOSL staff
>  there's a degraded raid on osgeo4 server which should be replaced.
>
>  This ticket is to track operations toward getting that disk replaced.

As I stated when it was first noticed, a while back. My preferred
solution is to migrate the final 2 VMs off OSGeo 4 and retire the machine.

OSGeo6 is completely capable of handling the load, the fastest method
would be to do KVM managed by libvrt (or similar). A better solution
would probably be to rebuild the few remaining services in containers.