[SAC] [OSGeo] #1940: osgeo4 raid needs a replacement

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Tue Jun 13 08:54:59 PDT 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:05:16PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:
> > #1940: osgeo4 raid needs a replacement
>
> As I stated when it was first noticed, a while back. My preferred
> solution is to migrate the final 2 VMs off OSGeo 4 and retire the machine.
>
> OSGeo6 is completely capable of handling the load, the fastest method
> would be to do KVM managed by libvrt (or similar). A better solution
> would probably be to rebuild the few remaining services in containers.

I've the impression that given the lack of a new sysadmin contract
the fastest thing here would be to buy a new disk. It can always be
moved to one of the existing machines later (we have space issues
in the download machine if I'm not mistaken?)

Or, how about setting up a new sysadmin contract to do the final VM
migration (and maybe other things, if there's enough budget) ?

BTW: last time I checked I could not find a wiki page with
informations about setting up VMs, is there one ?