[SAC] mail configuration changes

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Sat Oct 7 02:25:26 PDT 2017

On Sat, Oct 07, 2017 at 10:04:19AM +0200, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> On Fri, 06. Oct 2017 at 21:01:20 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> > Aside from this extra delivery last weekend: The consequence from getting a
> > bulk of meaningless messages every hour these days will be that I will -
> > again - create a filter to route all these messages into a separate folder
> > or to /dev/null
>
> > I'm sure this wasn't the intended purpose.
>
> Of course not - the service producing the messages should obviously have been
> adjusted to not produce those useless messages.
>
> Someone with access on webextra or backup should do that.

Can you ssh into webextra ? I don't see your username in passwd.

Mails from bacula I remember already getting them (or maybe they
were only from the server side?). The bacula configuration on
the server side is under a local git repository, would it help
if I pushed that into a private Gogs repository for review ?
I wouldn't know how to reduce verbosity of those mails to just
receive urgent ones (errors or warnings).

As per postfix changes (probably unrelated to the added noise),
they don't have a clear effect to me.  For example, this one:

   myhostname = lists.osgeo.org
  -myorigin = $myhostname
  +myorigin = osgeo6.osgeo.osuosl.org

Why was this change needed ? How does it affect mail delivered by
mailman ?

And later, adding backup.osgeo.osuosl.org to mydestination, why
was it needed ? Does it go togheter with the addition of
`bacula: root` alias ?

Other safe changes should probably just be committed as they are
(welcome to mantra whisperers, btw!)