[SAC] mail configuration changes

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Oct 7 03:34:39 PDT 2017

Hi Sandro,

On Sat, 07. Oct 2017 at 11:25:26 +0200, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Can you ssh into webextra ? I don't see your username in passwd.

yes. ldap is enough - even without a home.  The mail configuration
there is apparently flawed too - sudo notification for osuadmin
bounces back to me.

> Mails from bacula I remember already getting them (or maybe they
> were only from the server side?). The bacula configuration on
> the server side is under a local git repository, would it help
> if I pushed that into a private Gogs repository for review ?
> I wouldn't know how to reduce verbosity of those mails to just
> receive urgent ones (errors or warnings).

Well, first they should get through.  That doesn't work yet
either.

> As per postfix changes (probably unrelated to the added noise),
> they don't have a clear effect to me.  For example, this one:
>
>    myhostname = lists.osgeo.org
>   -myorigin = $myhostname
>   +myorigin = osgeo6.osgeo.osuosl.org

> Why was this change needed ? How does it affect mail delivered by
> mailman ?

Local mails didn't get through - apparently because the originated from
lists.osgeo.org.   mailman shouldn't be affected.

> And later, adding backup.osgeo.osuosl.org to mydestination, why
> was it needed ? Does it go togheter with the addition of
> `bacula: root` alias ?

Those changes are incomplete - and therefore not committed.  bacula's
mail still bounce.

Jürgen

Software Engineer           D-26506 Norden             http://www.norbit.de