[SAC] Virtualbox on Osgeo6

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Oct 22 02:30:11 PDT 2017

On Oct 22, 2017 11:02 AM, "Sandro Santilli" <strk at kbt.io> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 10:12:31PM +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
>
> > If we manage to reach consensus, then we'd start by dockerizing a new
GRASS
> > web server instance on Osgeo6 to act as a guinea pig for the entire
> > procedure.
>
> Does the GRASS web server need to be moved or is this excercise
> just for a test ?

Not a test but we want to migrate our outdated CMSMS to WP.
Note that all bigger files will not be replicated but just referred to.
Hence the disk space consumption is expected to be minor since some
screenshots and mainly text will define the new WP instance.

> I'm asking because there are other services
> that need to be moved to free up space to host a new machine.

The footprint of docker isn't that much, right?

> Here are the services that need to be moved:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Service_Status#osgeo4
> and in particular, the AdHoc VM services:
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AdhocVM
> Alex please correct me if I'm wrong.

How much space will they require?

Markus