[SAC] [Urgent][Vote] Proposal for new OSGeo site hosting

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Sep 8 02:46:13 PDT 2017

On Thu, Sep 07, 2017 at 04:55:05PM -0700, Alex M wrote:
> Vote on if you approve of this plan (the whole thing). If you object to
> any part please state what part of the plan you object to, why, and what
> alternatives you suggest.

My understanding of the plan is that GetInteractive would
basically move the beta website to a new (virtual?) machine
we'd have root access to and consider their project completed.

This "setup & migration" would be charged ~390 USD.

At the end we'll have another machine in the OSGeo infrastructure
which would cost ~40 USD/month.

How much time (and money?) would it take to request a new VM
from OSUOSL ? My understanding from reading the wiki page [1]
is that it would come already with LDAP shell access ?
[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:Standard_System_Setup#Request_a_new_VM

Do we have full specification of what the new website requires
in terms of Wordpress version and plugins set ?

Do we need to keep the new website running for people to migrate
content or was that task only important for the conference ?
Could it for example remain offline while we call for interest
within the community for the next sysadmin contract ?