[SAC] OSGeo7 Sever Config Quote

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Feb 12 12:54:00 PST 2018

Here's the latest quote for us to discuss server configuration for OSGeo7.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1X-z66jXXBUZuPqh6EP0d43g2NUCL7xcL

The plan based on discussions is to manage KVM virtual machines, lvm
drives, with libvirt. At such time that we feel we need to go to
something more advanced because we are managing multiple physical
machines we could convert to ganeti or openstack (less sure about how to
convert to openstack).

The idea was up to 4 virtual machines, each would have someone
designated to make sure it was updated, along with use of the unattended
upgrades for security patches.

As quoted I've done RAID 5 SSD, and RAID 5 traditional, 3 drives each.
That will give us fast storage and large storage (think downloads and
foss4g archives).

I did redundant power to maximize uptime.

RAM is only 64 GB which is up to 16 for each of the Virtual Machines.

Please discuss and ask questions so we can possibly vote this week at
the meeting.