[SAC] Osgeo7

Alex M tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jul 25 09:05:27 PDT 2018

On 07/24/2018 01:52 PM, Chris Giorgi wrote:
> Sorry for the delayed response -- this ended up in my unprioritized
> messages for some reason...
> It seems to be that the machine is supposed to be configured with OOB
> management platform, so all that should be needed from OSU's end is to
> plug it in and provide a dhcp entry for it's management interface NIC,
> IIUC?
> As for OS, my understanding was the plan was to use most recent LTS
> version of Ubuntu with ZFS and LXD. I believe that Ubuntu supports
> root-on-ZFS without a problem, and that should be the preferred
> installation (alternate boot device is fine too, but not generally
> needed).
> There is no "partitioning" needed with ZFS, just create the storage
> pool(s) from your storage devices and add datasets as needed without
> worrying about how to split up the available space.
>
>    ~~~Chris~~~

So using root-on-ZFS we don't need to specify the size of the Pool that
the OS installation goes into?

Also what sort of authentication method do you expect in order to access
the OOB management?

Chris will you do the initial setup?

Just trying to get the details so I know what we need to ask OSUOSL to
do vs what we can do ourselves.