[SAC] [Hosting] vip-mysql2 (mysql3) outage

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Mon Jul 30 10:31:31 PDT 2018

At approximately 10:12 AM PDT (1712 UTC) mysql3 (the primary master server
for our vip-mysql2.osuosl.org cluster) was accidentally rebooted and caused
several outages includes services related to both of our OpenStack
clusters. No VMs were offline during the outage, however any API queries
would have likely failed. All services should have been restored by around
10:24 AM PDT (1724 UTC).

We've been working on getting this cluster into a master-master setup so
that this would be prevented in the future.

Thanks and sorry for the issues.

--
Lance Albertson
Director