[SAC] hosting http://download.osgeo.org and publishing system logs

Frank Gasdorf fgdrf at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 28 07:35:11 PDT 2018

hello everybody,

I hope I found the mailing list regarding adminstration of
http://download.osgeo.org

Coincidentally I stumbled about collected logs at
http://download.osgeo.org/logs

These files containging requests against maven repository, e.g.
webdav/geotools (and others) and http 404 errors for failed requests

And because it is public accessible it is scanned by google & co (and
indexed). And thats the reason I found requests for company internal maven
artefacts against OSGeo maven repository.

I got shocked because I'll find (our) artifacts on your server but then I
saw the following comment in each log:

# URL with 404 errors - Hits - Last URL referer

I'd like to raise a question : Can OSGeo Admins configure the service in a
way, that these logs are not public OR can you please delete the logs so
that they are not accessible anmore?

Thank very much
--
Frank