[SAC] hosting http://download.osgeo.org and publishing system logs

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Wed Mar 28 07:52:49 PDT 2018

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 04:35:11PM +0200, Frank Gasdorf wrote:
> hello everybody,
>
> I hope I found the mailing list regarding adminstration of
> http://download.osgeo.org
>
> Coincidentally I stumbled about collected logs at
> http://download.osgeo.org/logs

Those are logs gathered by awstats, montly, but I cannot find a
working awstats URL so maybe it was a never-completed attempt
at installing stats.

Can anyone else remember such a previous attempt ?

Frank: how did you find the /logs url ? If robots are indexing it
there must be an incoming link somewhere ? Could you please file
a ticket on https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo to deal with this ?
I'm not sure there's such sensitive information in those logs,
at least I remember long ago OSGeo stats were intentionally public.

Martin: could you take a look and enable history tracking for
those configurations ?