[SAC] download server: No space left on device

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 15 16:07:54 PDT 2018

On 05/15/2018 11:52 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 15. May 2018 at 12:05:51 +0000, Martin Spott wrote:
>>> A reverse proxy wouldn't work - at least not directly - because we upload to
>>> download and the scripts maintaining the package list also run on download and
>>> expect files there and the mirrors use rsync.
>
>> Why don't you simply do the scripting off-site and just upload the results ?
>
> Because I'm not the only one uploading packages - and updating the package list
> would require a full update mirror for every contributor.
>
> Do we really need to take these workarounds further instead of just adding
> space to download somehow?
>
> Is all space on download's host actually taken?  Not sure which it is and if
> there were already VMs moved elsewhere.
>
> Other options?  NFS over VPN?
> Jürgen

The new machine OSGeo7 is expected to replace OSGeo3 on which Download
is currently hosted. The new configuration should have TB of available
space, and not require the use of NFS. We can prioritize as one of the
first services to move.

A solid firewall implementation would help, to make sure various ports
are blocked by default and tunnels allowed only between specific
machines in that subnet.