[SAC] OSGeo4 status

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Aug 31 18:30:50 PDT 2019

> > > Can we access _all_ containers from that host ?
> Yes, so I can replace "download" with "hop" for the jump host in ssh config.
Okay I think I misunderstood your question.  You can't access the osgeo7 containers via ssh from osgeo4
You can only access them thru the lxc api.  So that's why I wanted osgeo4 in the name

>> > How about "hop", "jump" or "bastion" ? (I prefer short names, so I vote for "hop").
>>
>> dmz is as short as hop but I'm okay with that :)

> I'm fine with dmz as well, but OSGeo is not "militarized" so there's nothing to de-militarize ;)
Gosh you take all the fun out of open source. Can't we pretend to be militarized :)

>> More importantly what should the domain name be or is osgeo4.osgeo.org
>> just fine but kinda confusing as it doesn't put you in the host itself
>> but a container

> I think hop.osgeo.org or dmz.osgeo.org would be nice
As mentioned above right now unless we VLAN them you can only go thru osgeo4 to get to osgeo4 containers
And osgeo7 to get to osgeo7 containers.

How about hop.osgeo4.osgeo.org?

>> > Would it make sense to try an upgrade before the stress-test ?
>>
>> Upgrade of what part OS/wordpress/or you mean member/cpu etc?
>> Wordpress-dev is a snapshot of web18a (current production server for www) And I capped it to the same number of cores/disk space etc.
>> So aside from security updates and data should be the same.

> I meant wordpress version upgrade, with whatever it takes (is OS upgrade required?)

> --strk;

OS Upgrade is not required.  Yes we can do that first after I setup the script to copy data and database from prod nightly.
Before the upgrade though I'd like to see what speed is like - osgeo4 staging site feels faster (and osgeo7 felt so as well), but might be because of older data
Or less traffic or something changed since I ported the system a while back that makes it faster

https://staging.www.osgeo.org

At anyrate I think we are about ready to host it on our own servers again.  So perhaps just moving it to osgeo7 might do the trick.

Thanks,
Regina