[SAC] Meeting this Saturday 19 UTC - Status Update

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Apr 7 09:50:06 PDT 2020

I'm planning to have a meeting this Saturday at 19 UTC.  Please put your
notes on the wiki

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC_Meeting-2020-04

Any items you'd like to cover or any comments you'd like to put in if you
can't attend.

Big topics - new stuff on the osgeo3 server

1) Wiki upgrade -- As noted in  https://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/2004
I've setup a fresh Debian 10 install on osgeo3 called wiki-new -- that has

Debian10, PHP 7.3, Mariadb 10, Our data from current wiki as of 3/30/2020
upgraded to MediaWiki (1.34 latest and tried as best I could to upgrade
extensions we are using)
Things like our custom plugins I'm going to need help with.  Some things
like Semantic Map I replaced with just Map (which supposedly all Semantic
Map functionality got migrated to Map, but I don't see OpenLayers as an
option)

Different in plugins installed can be seen here

-- new
https://wiki.new.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:Version

-- existing
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:Version

Next steps is to check what is broken, figure out a way to get rid of spam
accounts (db script which I will look into doing)
Ready for LDAP integration (which we have 2 proposals from outside
contractors for at moment)

New wiki is https://wiki.new.osgeo.org -- of course after final migration it
will be back to being called wiki.osgeo.org

There are other media wikis on old-wiki container which I presume I would
need to migrate and upgrade too but need input on those which are still used
etc.

2) https://repo.osgeo.org -- Jody Garnett with geotools/geoserver team has
been moving stuff from boundless into this.
This container houses a nexus install which can be used as docker registry
as well.  We need to brainstorm as to how we'd manage permissions etc.
Right now it is using OSGeo LDAP for authentication but not currently
considering our LDAP groups

There is other stuff going on like matrix, gallery, nextcloud upgrade etc,
but the above are my top 2 pressing concerns.

Thanks,
Regina