[SAC] OSMF wants to donate servers

Grant Slater osgeo at firefishy.com
Mon Nov 9 11:29:58 PST 2020

Hi,

I am part of the OpenStreetMap sysadmins team. ;-)

Here are the specs of the 2 machines which we no longer need:
* https://web.archive.org/web/20191112203036/https://hardware.openstreetmap.org/servers/stormfly-01.openstreetmap.org/
* https://web.archive.org/web/20191112203036/https://hardware.openstreetmap.org/servers/stormfly-02.openstreetmap.org/

The HP DL360 G6 machines are generally rock solid stable and these
machines are no exception.
The disks occasionally need replacing, best to run SMARTD against them
with regular short and long checks.
eg: /etc/smartd.conf
/dev/sg1 -d cciss,0 -s (L/../../5/23|S/../.././01) -n standby -m
EMAILHERE at DOMAIN.org -M exec /usr/local/bin/smartd-mailer

The machines are already racked up at OSUOSL, it is up to them if they
stay racked.

Kind regards,

Grant