[SAC] OSMF wants to donate servers

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Tue Nov 10 08:52:58 PST 2020

> Hi,
>
> I am part of the OpenStreetMap sysadmins team. ;-)
>
> Here are the specs of the 2 machines which we no longer need:
> *
> https://web.archive.org/web/20191112203036/https://hardware.openstreet
> map.org/servers/stormfly-01.openstreetmap.org/
> *
> https://web.archive.org/web/20191112203036/https://hardware.openstreet
> map.org/servers/stormfly-02.openstreetmap.org/
>
> The HP DL360 G6 machines are generally rock solid stable and these machines
> are no exception.
> The disks occasionally need replacing, best to run SMARTD against them with
> regular short and long checks.
> eg: /etc/smartd.conf
> /dev/sg1 -d cciss,0 -s (L/../../5/23|S/../.././01) -n standby -m
> EMAILHERE at DOMAIN.org -M exec /usr/local/bin/smartd-mailer
>
> The machines are already racked up at OSUOSL, it is up to them if they stay
> racked.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Grant

I asked Lance about status of these and protocol for moving them over to our ownership on IRC and his response

"No issues that I'm aware of and they're still technically racked
Regina Obe: please send a ticket in and we can get them transferred over to you properly."

So I guess SAC/board just has to approve the transfer.

Thanks,
Regina