[SAC] Vote: System Contract III 2020

Regina Obe lr at pcorp.us
Sat Mar 13 17:14:42 PST 2021

> On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 01:02:03PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
> > Now that we have the budget, let's revisit getting a new system
> > contract setup.
>
> Yes please! Today I've struggled with bringing LDAP back up as all our
> services refused any authentication..
>
> > Question: should next steps on the wiki user migration be part of this?
>
> YES !
>
> --strk;

Sorry for delay in responding.  I'll resubmit my OSGeo contract bid based on
new contract limits and extend the period of service on it. I'd like to keep
the beginning if that as is if that is okay as I did some stuff I had
planned to be on this contract but held off on the billing since the
contract was not in place.

I did a quick look at the wiki script hexmode left.

https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/hexmode/WikiToLDAP-installation

At a glance it looks like he also added some wiki optimization changes.
I've created a wiki-staging container (backup of last night's wiki container
backup) on osgeo4 and was going to attempt to upgrade that with his
scripts/instructions.

Strk -- if that works, maybe we can try a second time with ansible.  I'm
still a bit lost with ansible though.  Mostly just the terminology and stuff
- so if you want to start an ansible script and I can fill in the pieces,
that would be helpful.

On a separate topic - where do we stand with the 2 new OSM servers?  Strk
have you made any action on that?

Thanks,
Regina