[SAC] Vote: System Contract III 2020

'Sandro Santilli' strk at kbt.io
Tue Mar 16 05:23:32 PDT 2021

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 08:14:42PM -0500, Regina Obe wrote:

> I did a quick look at the wiki script hexmode left.
>
> https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/hexmode/WikiToLDAP-installation

[...]

> Strk -- if that works, maybe we can try a second time with ansible.  I'm
> still a bit lost with ansible though.  Mostly just the terminology and stuff
> - so if you want to start an ansible script and I can fill in the pieces,
> that would be helpful.

The term you're looking for is "mediawiki ansible role". Look that up.
I'm not sure it exists, but it *might* (often people do write these
"roles" and publish them somewhere).

The look at deploy-ssh-hops.yml, see how it succintly requests
to install the "ssh-server" role to the "ssh_hops" hosts, passing
specific variables to the role.

You could do something similar with a new deploy-wiki.yml, requesting
to install the "mediawiki" (or whatever is called) role to the
"wiki" hosts.

These "hosts" are defined in inventory/{prod,dev}/hosts so you would
add an host in the "wiki" group in those files for whatever target
you want to address (stage ? dev ?) to do your tests.

> On a separate topic - where do we stand with the 2 new OSM servers?  Strk
> have you made any action on that?

No action here.