[SAC] Getting started page

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 03:05:20 PDT 2023

I have edited the getting started page as we now use a single OSGeo User ID
for both website and wiki page
https://www.osgeo.org/community/getting-started-osgeo/

BEFORE

If you wish to be an OSGeo member please add yourself to one of these two
lists:

   1. This website lists OSGeo members who believe in our our world wide
   mission. To be listed here create an OSGeo User ID, and login to the
   website to create a profile.
   2. Our wiki has a map of members. To be listed click the ‘log in‘ button
   on the upper right hand corner of the Wiki and follow the instructions.

AFTER:

To be listed as an OSGeo member who believes in our world-wide mission:

   1. Create an OSGeo User ID <https://id.osgeo.org/ldap/create>, which is
   the user-name used for our website and wiki.
   2. Add yourself to one or both member lists:

   -
      - Login to this website (in the upper right corner above) to create a
      profile. Profile pages are listed OSGeo members </community/members/>.
      - Login to the OSGeo wiki <https://wiki.osgeo.org/> - click the 'log
      in
      <http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin&type=signup&returnto=Main_Page>'
      button on the upper right hand corner of the wiki and follow the
      instructions. The wiki map of members
      <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:OSGeo_Member> shows individuals
      world wide.

Just doing Bolsena Code Sprint and running into glitches onboarded innocent
developers.
--
Jody Garnett