Let's move this list to discourse ?

Sandro Santilli strk at kbt.io
Fri Jan 5 08:31:59 PST 2024

On Fri, Jan 05, 2024 at 03:23:45PM -0000, Martin Spott wrote:
> Sandro Santilli wrote:
>
> > I'm poking another guinea pig about the possibility of Discourse
> > to include poster email addresses in the email notifications:
>
> Would you still leave the pages open for reading without authorization when
> the members' email addresses stand next to their postings - thus inviting
> everybody to harvest EMail addresses?
>
> This probably opens yet another discussion ....

The way Mailman does this is obfuscate emails somehow (lightly) in archives
while keeping it readable to subscribers. Now being a "subscriber" is pretty
easy, both with Mailman and with Discourse, but the point is that I value
the ability there must be a way for me and you to bring this conversation into
a private one, and I don't see any other way to do that w/out exchanging our
emails in the same way this email is being exchanged.